Balochistan Review welcomes contributions of unpublished articles, blog posts, letters to the editor, feature reports, data-driven stories, opinion articles and columns.
If you are interested in writing for us, please read following guidelines and suggested ideas.
- Please submit completed articles for consideration using the form below or email your articles to the editor.
- Please note that we only cover Balochistan but we encourage ideas originated in other provinces or other parts of the world that can be replicated in Balochistan.
- For original reporting, we suggest first pitching ideas to the editor.
- Please submit your articles as Word documents.
- Please note that we are a non-profit newspaper. Therefore, we encourage voluntary contributions.
- Submissions for the blog section may range from 400 to 800 words, photo essays from 200 to 500 words, and feature articles/data-driven reports from 1000 to 1500 words.
- Please submit your article or pitch only once.
Ideas for Photo Essays:
- “Share Your Story”
Submit pictures and stories of those who are working for change at the community level.
“Made in Balochistan”
Submit pictures and stories of innovation, crafts and art.
- “How Government Works”
Submit pictures of classroom exercises, projects and field trips that encourage civic education and understanding of government system.
- “Did You Know?”
Share pictures and progressive stories originating from other provinces that the people of Balochistan could replicate (e.g., The History Project/Beyond the Classroom, the T2F in Karachi, etc.).
Ideas for Features:
- Report on specific efforts to mobilize powerful people and communities.
- Report on collaborative efforts to maneuver through the congestion and blockages on the political landscape that prevent measures from being taken that would finance education and development projects.
- Track progress on needed legislation
- Seek the support of powerful people to solve certain issues.
- Track the money (from authorization to actual project implementation).
- Report on the impact of these changes on people’s lives.